Let your creativity run wild!
. . . And let us worry about the little things.
Tier 3 (Developmental Edit)
A Developmental Edit provides a comprehensive Professional Evaluation with expanded features that spotlight your characters, chapter-by-chapter story arc charting, and more! A full Developmental Edit will meet the current needs of your manuscript.
Authors who choose this service want to learn how to improve their work in progress.
$250 Minimum Charge
Starting at 4.25¢ Per Word
- I provide detailed guidance and feedback and you implement any changes you agree to.
- The entire manuscript will be read carefully and returned to you with comments inserted that flag specific problems.
- The editor will choose one chapter to receive a heavy edit. The types of edits made are determined by the issues your manuscript has and may include cutting wordiness, rewriting awkward sentences, inserting or deleting paragraph breaks, highlighting redundancies and repetition, and/or other editorial issues.
- An expanded Professional Evaluation will be returned that includes individual character sheets and provides an in-depth analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of your manuscript. The categories covered are shown on this linked page.
- Detailed documentation—including suggestions and links for additional reading, when appropriate—will be provided in the Professional Evaluation or in the manuscript comments.
- Each category in the evaluation is carefully reviewed and any problems noted. This checklist form covers many variables and each section also contains a field for comments.
- The manuscript’s story arc will be rated chapter-by-chapter and advice given regarding the climax, slow areas, etc.
Material submitted for a Tier 3 Developmental Edit must be an entire manuscript draft to gain the full benefits.
This tier includes one submission. Extensive structural edits require a lot of time to complete, so be sure you have left enough time in your publishing schedule for both our work and the work you will need to perform after the developmental edit!
When the Tier 3 tasks are completed, a separate copyedit is strongly encouraged. A developmental edit does not focus on typos, wording, grammar, and other copyediting tasks, so errors may remain.
Based in the United States.
PROTECTED BY COPYSCAPE
© 2013-2022 All Rights Reserved