Let your creativity run wild!
. . . And let us worry about the little things.
Tier 2 (Copyedit)
Tier 2 service offers light, medium, or heavy copyediting. Authors who choose this service not only want their manuscript edited, but to learn how to improve in the future!
- Tier 2 service includes a complete copyedit tailored to meet your needs.
- Improvements will be suggested, and examples of how some issues can be addressed will be provided.
- You will also receive a Text Analysis report, which involves extracting your manuscript and analyzing all of its words. This process helps you understand your own text redundancies, writing patterns, and areas of weak prose.
- Basic fact-checking (limited to ensuring correct spelling of current, not historical, proper nouns such as geography, movies, books, etc.) is included. In-depth fact-checking and/or research assistance can be added (at a separate hourly charge) for authors who need help with setting and plot elements.
- A free proofread of your synopsis, blurbs, and query letters is also included (maximum of 2,000 words).
- A Professional Evaluation can be added to your copyedit at 25% off the normal price.
- And you can add a separate proofreading round to your copyedit at 25% off the normal price.
- This service gets into the nitty gritty and ensures that not only is everything picture perfect, but that it’s the best it can be!
The fee includes one manuscript submission unless an additional proofreading round is selected. The per-word rate range covers varying writers’ abilities. A final rate decision will be made after the sample edit, based on the condition of the writing.
The Text Analysis
Your Text Analysis will be returned in an Excel spreadsheet (or, if you do not own the Excel program, a PDF document). This report will display your usage of different words throughout your manuscript to help you to understand your own writing patterns and identify areas for improvement. The results will be organized by a number of variables that you can also manipulate yourself (numerical, alphabetical, percentages, calculations) and will show common errors like overused words, passive rather than active verbs, redundant usage of words, and will indicate an overuse of telling versus showing.
For screenshots and a more detailed explanation of the report, view the “Standalone Text Analysis” section on the Non-Editing Services page.
If you choose to do extensive rewriting of your manuscript after your Tier 2 copyediting has been completed (but before you feel it is publication-ready), you may resubmit it for copyediting or proofreading with sections flagged for re-editing. Additional submissions are billed at $45/hour for copyediting or $35/hour for proofreading, prorated by the quarter hour after the first hour.
If you would like a full second submission included, you may now add a proofreading round to your copyedit at 25% off the normal proofreading rate!
If you would like the option to rework and resubmit your manuscript an unlimited number of times during the editing process, at no additional charge, Tier 4 service may be right for you.
Based in the United States.
PROTECTED BY COPYSCAPE
© 2013-2022 All Rights Reserved