$500 Minimum Charge
7.8¢ to 13.2¢ Per Word (Unlimited Resubmissions!**)
**To correct weaknesses identified, as requested by the editor
Tier 3 service is designed especially for authors who want more guidance as they work through the writing, editing, and publishing process. It is equally appropriate for both first-time authors and for any author who is serious about their work.
Some editors call this "substantive" editing, but this package covers everything: a Professional Evaluation, a content/structural edit, copyediting, proofreading, an in-depth manuscript discussion, fact-checking, research assistance, query letter and synopsis assistance, insight into self-publishing, and educational resources. Limited availability.
- Tier 3 service includes a full copyedit, full proofread, and full Professional Evaluation.
- You will be charged for your initial submission only; resubmissions to correct weaknesses and errors identified by the editor are unlimited.
- We will provide an in-depth discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of your manuscript to determine whether you need to fine-tune or completely restructure the book. The evaluation will include an objective reader’s point of view to gain insight into how gripping the plot is, whether the characters are intriguing or flat, and if the pacing is accurate.
- Authors can take advantage of multiple submissions of revised materials and one-to-one teaching, which may include emails, chapter-by-chapter editing, subsequent copyediting, and final proofreading.
- In-depth fact-checking and research assistance is included (normally $45–75/hour) for free.
- A proofread of your synopsis, blurbs, and query letters is also included for free.
- This service ensures error-free text and also helps you improve your writing, plot elements, character development, and story pacing.
- As a bonus, you will receive insight into self-publishing and POD distributors.
To utilize Tier 3 service, your manuscript must be a completed draft of a fiction or non-fiction book (additional new material, not requested by the editor, will result in further charges). You may resubmit your manuscript as many times as necessary during the editing process. We will start by looking at the big picture and the content, and slowly move through copyediting, and then proofreading.
This is going to be hard work—you will need to exert yourself at perfecting your writing and your manuscript. In addition to our instruction, Adirondack Editing will make recommendations directing you to publications or websites that will help you learn to write more effectively. When we are finished, you will definitely have a book worth publishing!
The per-word rate range covers varying writers’ abilities. A final rate decision will be made after the sample edit, based on the condition of the writing. References can be provided to assure you of the efforts and dedication you will receive.