Welcome to Adirondack Editing!
You’ve been staring at your book for months, if not years. You’ve revised and rewritten as needed. You can’t look at it another time without going cross-eyed, and even if you did, you probably wouldn’t even see potential errors. You’re all set to send it off to your readers—you think.
That’s where Adirondack Editing comes in.
Eight eagle-eyed editors to the rescue!
(Isn't the alliteration fabulous?)
A computer program can’t determine the context of your words:
- “Joan, just put the glass down over <there, their, or they're?>.”
- Dave showed his buddies the 24-<caret, karet, carat, or carrot?> ring he bought.
- The elephant glared at the car as it followed <it’s or its?> calf.
- “I’ll be right there, Mom! As soon as I’ve <passed or past?> this level!”
- Orlo loved being a movie inspector, strolling down the <aisle, I'll, or isle?> in his new uniform.
- See the <peek, peak, or pique?> of that mountain over there?
Adirondack Editing offers professional proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing (a full-package edit) for fiction and non-fiction books.
- Did you get the details of your story down so that readers understand what’s happening?
- Is the information you’ve written complete?
- Did you use the best noun or verb for the situation?
- Are your characters and plot interesting, engaging, and clear?
- Is your book ready to be self-published, or sent out to agents and publishers?
Get the professional answers to those important questions in a warm, friendly, engaging manner that will assist you to be the best writer you can be.
And if you need it tomorrow—literally!—Susan Uttendorfsky, the owner, can do that, too. Within reason, of course...
We also offer other services to writers: Text Analyses and Professional Evaluations. These are explained on our Non-Editing Services page.
In 2016, 79% of our clients were repeat customers.
Will you be one in 2017?
Owner, Book Editor